Knitting is becoming much more popular than ever, and not just amongst the older generation.
Many younger people are learning how to start knitting from easyknitting.net or from their parents or grandparents, and are beginning to understand some of the benefits of knitting your own clothes and accessories.
Here are 5 reasons you should start knitting
1. No matter what time of year it is, there’s always something to knit. What about being able to knit warm woolly jumpers, hats gloves and scarves for the winter, special outfits for christenings, or lightweight summer cardigans?
2. It’s become more acceptable to admit to being a knitter, and knitting is trendy amongst the younger generation. In fact, several actors and models have been seen knitting, or have mentioned that they enjoy knitting. If it’s good enough for Hollywood superstars, it can’t be that bad!
3. Knitting can be done anywhere, and doesn’t need any special equipment other than knitting needles. Whether you’re at home in front of the TV, on the train on the way to work, or on the set between filming scenes, you’re in the perfect place to knit.
4. You’ll be pleased at the amount of money you can save by knitting. As well as making your own creation in the exact size and colour schemes you want, you’ll be able to knit for other people too. Don’t buy the kids several sets of hats, gloves and scarves over winter, knit them instead. You don’t need to spend a fortune on a winter jumper, why not knit one?
5. As you get better and better at knitting, and more confident, you’ll be able to knit more complex creations. This will give you an enormous sense of satisfaction and pride. Whether it’s your first scarf, or a complicated jumper, you’ll have every reason to be pleased with yourself.
Now you know why you should start, isn’t it time you started knitting? You can learn more about knitting at easyknitting.net